Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question a GPA horn driver

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mike16W's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I purchased one of Great Plains Audio HF driver, a 902-16A in an attempt to match my other HF driver (802-D) on the other speaker. The GPA driver sensitivity is much closer than the 804 I had before but it seems to lack the emotional characteristic of the 802-D. The 902-16A is good but I don't see the singer standing in front of me like I do with the 802-D. Will this improve with break in or should I start looking for another 802.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    If on a 511/811, 'apples n' oranges' response wise, so find another 802D is what I'd do.

    GM

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mike16W's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks GM,
    That is probably what I will have to do.
    I'll start looking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.